EurOcean – Europejska Otwarta Konferencja Naukowa w Instytucie Oceanologii PAN w Sopocie.
A half day workshop on “Facilitating Transnational Usage of Europe´s Marine Research Infrastructure”, at IOPAN´s premises in Sopot, Poland, will take place on November 15th 2016.
EurOcean together with its member IOPAN is organising this event where the state of play and future trends in relation to activities promoting improved knowledge of and transnational access to Europe´s marine infrastructure, will be presented.
Moreover it provides an opportunity to look at regional initiatives, including those taking place in the Baltic Sea Basin. It will also be a forum in which to present EurOcean´s activity in relation to marine research infrastructure and provides an opportunity to discuss its role and priorities for future work in this domain.
- Slawomir Sagan, Vice-President EurOcean – Opening Conference Speach
- Ned Dwyer, Executive-Director EurOcean – Welcome and Scene Setting in the ESFRI Context
- Meelis Sirendi, BONUS Programme Officer – The BONUS experience of joint use of marine and maritime infrastructure
- Anna Kaczorowska, ALLIANCE and University of Gdansk, Poland – The SUBMARINER experience with shared infrastructure
- Laurent Delauney, IFREMER, France – JERICO and JERICO-NEXT Trans-national Infrastructures
- Giuseppe Magnifico, CNR, Italy – European Research Vessels Operators ( ERVO) Group – Coordinating access to research vessels
- Sandra Sá, EurOcean, Portugal, and Marcin Wichorowski, IOPAN, Poland – EurOcean´s Integrated Research Infrastructures Database (RID) adding value to marine infrastructure initiatives
- Nicolae Panin, GeoEcoMar, Romania – Update on Marine Research Infrastructure on the Black Sea costal area.
- Carlos Soto, IEO, Spain – Roundtable and Discussion with a focus on enhancing EurOcean´s role in relation to infrastructural information support and Slawomir Sagan, Vice-President EurOcean – Wrap-up and Close of Conference.